Hey Lovelies! I have to admit I’m totally in a summer mood already. As soon as May hits all I can think about is warm summer nights, coffees in the sun and strawberry cake. Strawberry cakes are the perfect summer dessert: sweet, fruity and absolutely delicious! There are so many different types of strawberry cake: from strawberry shortcakes to strawberry cream cakes, all sorts of combinations with strawberries are possible. My absolute favourite is the strawberry cheesecake, as it is sweet but still light and you actually don’t even need to bake it! Here is the recipe:
• 225g cream cheese
• 5 tablespoons sugar
• 200ml double cream, whipped
• 1 (23cm) prepared digestive biscuit base
• 200g sliced fresh strawberries
• strawberry sauce
1. Mix the cream cheese and sugar and beat it until it’s smooth. Fold in the whipped cream gently to make sure the mix stays fluffy and airy. Spoon the mixture into the biscuit base and refrigerate it for 2 hours. You can also choose a different base such as a white or dark one.
2. Once the cheesecake has set, garnish it with sliced strawberries. If you want an extra sweet kick, add strawberry sauce on top, before serving.
There you go, your perfect strawberry cheese cake is ready, in only a few steps! Enjoy!